Navigation Bar

Monday, September 28, 2009

Little Boy

Some back ground: church is sort of behind the Electronic Express. We cut through a parking lot to get to church.
On our way to church we saw a little boy outside of Electronic Express walking away from the store on the side walk with no adults around. He looked to be about 18 months or so. He was walking away with his cute little pacifier in his mouth just having a great time. I made Asher unlock the van and stop. I got out. He pulled around through the parking lot and waited. I noticed when I got out that a man in a wheel chair had left the store and was getting in his car. I am guessing he had used the automatic door opener and left the store and the little boy went right behind him. He did not notice till I got to the little boy. I took the boy by the hand. He was so cute! I walked the little boy to the store thinking this is a good place to start. A lady in another car who saw me stopped and was concerned. I got through the door and the little boy was recognized. "How did you get out?", was the response from the man (looked like grandpa). I was not looking for thanks or anything but some appreciation would have been nice or some more concern for the little boy. The man in the wheel chair and the lady in the car were pleased that all worked out well. I am very thankful I got to the little boy before he wondered to far or into traffic. You never know what will happen on the way to church. :)
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

3 comments:

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

Wow how scary! Scares me that it takes so long for parents to realize that their little ones are not so close! Thank you for stopping, that parking lot is scary enough for adults to walk through!

Lindsay said...

even if the grandpa or whoever he was didn't seem grateful, things could have turned out a LOT differently for that little boy had you not been there and done something. Way to go Ames. Be proud of yourself for doing a great deed.

Trisha said...

That's crazy Amy that they didn't even at least say thank you for finding our little boy. I would have been panicked if that were my child,and they had gotten away. No offense, but some of the parents here in Tennessee aren't very good parents.

We were actually playing with our kids at McDonald's a few weeks ago, and a lady who happened to be sitting by us said that she could tell that we loved our kids, and how nice it was to finally see that. Isn't that sad?

Well, I'm glad that you helped that little boy.