Navigation Bar

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

90 Minute Bread

Okay here is my bread recipe.

4 1/2 cups of very warm water
4 Tbsp. Yeast (Dissolved in water)
4 tsp. Salt (could use 2 tsp.)
6-8 Tbsp. Sugar or 4 oz Honey (8 Tbsp=1/2 cup)
4 Tbsp. Oil
10 - 13 cups Flour

Dissolve yeast in water. Add salt, sugar, oil, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Place dough on floured surface covered and let rise 15 minutes. Knead till air is out. Divide into 4 parts. Shape into loaves and place into greased loaf pans and cover. Let rise 30 min. May take longer to rise in colder weather and how much wheat flour used. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

I add wheat flour, rye flour, herbs and other fun things. I have even used brown sugar, butter and cinnamon and made cinnamon swirl bread. I use bread flour from Sam's club. I use bread flour instead of all purpose flour for all my baking.

Hope you enjoy!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: