Navigation Bar

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Brownies

This is a recipe I got from Valerie Heaton. She was our primary president when we were in college and just married. We were teachers for the ten year old class.

Brownies by Valerie Heaton
{Substitutions by Amy}

Mix:
1 1/2 Cups Flour {I did half wheat}
2 Cups of Sugar {I did half brown}
6 Tbls Cocco Powder
1 tsp Salt

Mix and add to flour mixture until wet:
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2/3 Cup of Butter melted {I used Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil (from Amish store)}

Grease and flour pan. Bake 325 ¤ F for 30 - 40 minutes. Cook until edges are crisp and coming off the pan.

They are so yummy! Lil' can eat them and they taste good. Next time I am going to use oil instead of butter and see how it goes. The Coconut oil looks like crisco and was hard to mix into flour mixture. I should have melted it first.

No comments: