Navigation Bar

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gaenip Kimchi! Yummy!

After many internet searches I found one of my favorite Korean plants. You can buy it canned at Asian stores but it is not the same and I don't know everything they put into the dish. The plant is called Perilla. I purchased the seeds from http://www.kitazawaseed.com/ and they specialize in Asian vegetables. A great website. My first harvest was today. Made a soy, red pepper, garlic sauce and then washed the leaves and the coated them with the sauce and stacked them on top of each other. Finished product goes in the fridge and then tonight I can enjoy rice with my Gaenip Kimchi. I am so excited! When we lived in Seoul we lived with a Korean family. The wife taught me many things. I want to thank her for this recipe. Thanks Suk-young Kim!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: