Navigation Bar

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Favorite Korean Foods

Okay, I know that Korean food is an acquired taste but I love it! I make a few things. I am sure they are not as good as the real thing but it is as close as I can make them.

Kimchi (fermented nampa cabbage with garlic, green onion and red pepper)
Kaenip (Korean perilla leaf with red pepper and soy sauce)
Ho-ddok (Pancake with cinnamon and sugar in the middle. I have not made this one but found a mix for it. I can hardly wait to make them. I am searching the internet for the recipe.)
Bulgogi (I have a Korean recipe book and it makes this. I recommend Americans get this when they eat at a Korean restaurant.)
Mandu (I have made these as well. I think the ones in Korea were better!)

I found a site that has a lot of recipes and has a great layout for Korean food.

Maangchi.com I like this site because it has videos to watch and great pictures of the food.

I have posted a few things and I am hoping a get some responses back on how to make them.

I purchased some seeds for Korean perilla leaves from Kitazawaseed. I hope they grow and that my green thumb kicks in! This is one dish that I can not find fresh her in the United States. It comes in a can. Yuck!

I am buying ingredients to make Kimchi tonight. I will try and post pictures.

Have fun cooking!

3 comments:

The Miller's said...

Matt would love it..He loves trying diffrent food from other countries.

Braden Bell said...

Very adventurous! I'm impressed you do this.

Monica said...

I am totally going to have to check out that website!!! Thanks!!!