Navigation Bar

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ten Years......

Ten years ago our lives were changed forever.  Asher had a small lump under his right collar bone. With help from a friend he got an apointment to see a doctor(when we called January was the earliest they could see a new patient). They took X-rays and then he saw the doctor. Asher was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.  His right lung was  collapsed by the tumor. He went through chemotherapy and radiation.  
To say it was a hard time in our lives is an understatement.  I kept thinking I would wake up and it was a bad dream.  It is hard to watch some one you love suffer and in pain. I could only stand by him and try to comfort him. I also had to realize that I could lose him for a time.  I know he is living on borrowed time.  In Sunday school we have been talking about perspective and how the scriptures remind us of who we are--children of God.  We will all return home and leave this life. I think we are all living on borrowed time. Live the best you can every day and enjoy what matters most.  I am thankful for the eternal perspective I have and the borrowed time I have with Asher. We have been blessed with a family and they are our joy and what matters most.



No comments: