Navigation Bar

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Easy Sugar Cookies

I made sugar cookies and altered the recipe so Lilia could eat them. She loved them. I think this would also make a great fruit pizza. We are working on wearing clothes (Lilia).

Thanks to my friend Ann for the recipe.

Easy Sugar Cookies

Mix ingredients below to creamy.
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter softened  I used Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Oil I used Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon Milk  I used Rice Milk or another non dairy drink
1-2 tsp almond extract or other (vanilla, lemon)
1 Egg

In another bowl mix and then add to the above:
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Mix everything together.  You will have a spreadable dough.  Spread in an ungreased baking sheet or jelly roll pan (15"x10").  Sprinkle with colored Sugar (1 Tablespoon or more). Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool 5 minutes and cut.

I did not use 2/3 cup of coconut oil total but just under that amount. Next time I will use the entire amount.  They turned out great and they tasted yummy.  I have purchased Coconut Oil from two different companies and love them both.   Coconut Oil Online and Tropical Traditions.  I use coconut oil as a substitute for butter and other oils and crisco in all my baking. 

No comments: