Navigation Bar

Friday, December 30, 2011

Ginger Bread Houses

Making ginger bread houses has been a tradition for a long time in our family. We use graham crackers and make royal frosting to use as the glue. I collect candy all year.  My mom sent a huge box of candy and it was a treat to have so many different kinds of candy. I used hot glue and made the basic shape out of graham crackers.  Lilia watched daddy start decorating his house.  She told me where she wanted the glue and then decorated that spot. She did color and shape patterns with the candy. She are a little candy but not as much as I thought she would. When she was almost done she realized the "glue" or frosting was yummy. She started licking her house and fingers. So cute. Grandma R. came a little later and made a house as well.
We have more than enough candy to make snow houses on a snow day with a few friends later this winter.

No comments: