Navigation Bar

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chocolate Pudding (dairy free)

I looked around the internet and found few recipes for making pudding using avacados. Yep, I tried and tested it out on the girls and Asher. Asher thought I used bananas and was surprised by the secret ingredient. The girls loved the pudding and had seconds.


Chocolate Pudding (dairy free)
3 avacados
1/2 C sugar or 2/3 C agave, honey or maple syrup
1/2 C cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch salt
2 T - 1/3 C milk or non dairy substitute amount depends on thickness desired (rice, coconut or almond milk)

Mix in food processer or vitamix.  The pudding will be creamy. Cool in fridge till ready to eat.

*I used a frozen banana the first time and used less sugar but the pudding had strong banana flavor.

*I think adding mint or other mix ins like peanut butter or hazel nut would be fun to try.  Alternative to nutella without the dairy.

Lilia and Elayna loved the pudding. Avacados can be expensive but a great dessert for our family. I can not wait to get avacados for $.50 each. Avacados are a good source of good fats and nutritious.


http://www.avocado.org
http://www.avocadocentral.com










No comments: