Navigation Bar

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Birthday Month-November

Asher and I are a year older. We both have November birthdays! I decided to celebrate separately this year. We usually do it together. Less cake, same amount of presents. I made Asher's cake. I think it turned out. It was a chocolate cake with caramel, toffee, and whip cream. I layered everything and put it in the fridge. Tasted Great! I also made dinner and made his favorites, Moroccan Shrimp with rice. I am still working on that recipe but it was all gone at the end of the meal.

I did not want to make my own cake and so I had a friend make my cake. I had a coupon from her for a free cake. Lydia Spencer is so awesome. She made my wedding cake for the reception here in TN. I remember she gave me a magazine with cakes in it and I just picked one. It was just like the picture and tasted great! Her cakes always taste so good. I think that is hard to do as well as look good. I have a problem with that area at least. I called her up and asked if she had time to make my birthday cake. She asked what I wanted and I had no idea but I did want chocolate! I told her things I like to do and sewing was on the list.

She made my cake in the shape of a sewing basket. It had everything. She also made me a Pooh Bear! Asher calls me his Pooh Bear. I know it is silly but it was fun that she made one.

We had a great birthdays! It was a fun time. The cake is gone and everything tasted great. I can say that we had a great birthday.

6 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Happy birthday! Those cakes look great. How fun!

Diana Sims said...

Wow, Amy! I'm glad you both had a good birthday! Neat cake idea!

Unknown said...

YUM!! That sounded fabulous. Happy Belated Birthday!!! :)

Gabriela Hull said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What a cake!! How did you cut it? Was it easy to serve? I love it!

Jamie said...

Wow! How fun! Great ideas! Happy Birthday to you both!

Courtney said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am seriously amazed at that cake. The detailed work on that is unbelievable!