Navigation Bar

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Which one of these things is not like the other?

Okay, here are the Santa Clause cookies I made for this years cookie party. Way too many! Can you find the Santa Clause that is not like the others?

Just for information there are 32 cookies in a package of Nutter Butters.

I also made these yummy cookies. A friend of mine, Denise taught me how to make these. Ritz crackers (or generic), peanut butter and chocolate bark. I used ghirardelli chocolate and it makes a big difference. I also found piping the peanut butter with a zip lock baggie on to the crackers was easier than spreading it with a knife.

I have enjoyed baking this Christmas season. I am getting ready to make peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses in the middle. I also made Mexican Wedding cookies which is my mother-in-laws recipe and one of my favorites.

I still have one more gift to get and I am done with the shopping. It is really not a gift but more of a tradition with both families. Mixed NUTS with shells. I have fond memories of cracking nuts during Christmas. I have to get some nut crackers though!

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season with some fun baking and enjoying the friends who eat the food.

Hint: One Santa does not have a red nose!

7 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

I found it!! Amy, you are so talented. I love the cookies.

Unknown said...

WOW Amy!! Those look SOOO cute! I love the Ritz idea too. YUM.

Jamie said...

Hey! How fun. I love the nutter butter santas, I always go for those at parties. The Ritz sound fun, too! I love Christmas 'baking!'

Kristen said...

Amy, the cookies are so cute! You are an expert at Christmas cookies!

Jessica Newman said...

so cute and so yummy!
What great ideas!

Cathy said...

I found your blog through my relatives, the Dickersons. How do you make the Santa cookies? I would love to learn how.

Asher and Amy said...

Cathy, See 10 Nov Blog called Santa Cookies. I dip the Santa beard in white bark first and then the hat. The hat I spoon the red sprinkles on and then add the white chocolate chip. This is the part that takes the longest. Then I heat up some brown chocolate chips in a plastic bag and use it to pipe out the eyes. Red hots for the nose with the white bark as glue. Hope this helps.