Navigation Bar

Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Cards

In the past when we get Christmas cards I never know exactly where to put them. I have tried putting them on the mantle of the fireplace but we always run out of room. One of my students gave me a card holder but it only held 10 or so cards. Then I realized I could follow my in-laws and use their idea. They have a wall with mirrors on it in the living room. Well, we don't have a wall with mirrors but we do have a front door. So, for the last couple of years we have taped our cards on the back of our door. It stays shut because of the cold weather and so we get to enjoy a great view of cards from family and friends.

1 comment:

DP said...

This is cute. To hang our Christmas cards I got one of those big spools of wide ribbon. It hangs from the floor on one side of our picture window, up around the curtain rod, along the length of the road and down to the floor on the other side. Then I spray painted some old clothespins gold and we hang the cards from the ribbon with the pins. It's cute.