Navigation Bar

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tender Mercies

I sat down tonight after dinner and started reading the Ensign. The articles and stories are always great. Here is one of the quotes that stood out to me.

"When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance."(see 1 Nephi 1:20) Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, "The Tender Mercies of the Lord," Liahona and Ensign, May 2005, 100.

I think these tender mercies are acts of service from others. Sometimes the person does not even know they are delivering you. You never know when a smile or a note can make a difference in someone life. Just my wandering thoughts tonight. The last two months have been great. I have had so many blessing come into my life. Mostly by me serving others. Thanks for letting me serve and sharing your families with me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a powerful excerpt. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it.

Diana Sims said...

Love that quote, Amy! There are ups and downs in each of our lives. But the Lord is always there!!

Heidi and Caleb Sims said...

Oh wise One! I love this quote too! It really is service that gets me through the good and bad times. You ought to put more of these up!